Elaborates and implements strategies to manage and optimize the resources (people, materials, equipment, money, and time) used to transform and produce the food products the business commercializes, guaranteeing that customer expectation on quality, volume, cost, and timing of the service, are achieved, and the business results are aligned.
- Actively manage industrial safety in the operation of the plant and warehouses to guarantee a safe environment for all team members to avoid accidents.
- Manages security at the sites, and protecting CedarLane Food, Inc. assets.
- Manages the sites’ environmental sustainability and compliance with all government regulations and internal rules.
- Actively manages food safety to avoid microbiological, foreign material or chemical deviations that could develop into a health risks for consumers, and guarantees compliance with food regulations, GMPs, HACCP, and IFS standards and CedarLane Quality System.
- Actively manages product quality, making sure the Product Design is replicated continuously and guaranteeing a delightful experience for customers and consumers with all CedarLane products, and making the CedarLane brand equity value grow through time.
- Guarantees that government, certification organization, and customer audits achieve positive results in order to keep the business at a competitive level in every market.
- Guarantees that the production schedules are achieved in time and volume, to protect the service to customer and the cost of the goods.
- Manages the maintenance of the equipment, building, and CedarLane assets in general to guarantee their productivity through time.
- Manages the inventory levels and warehouses in the plant to optimize inventory, maintain good service level and protect cash flow.
- Participates and is co-responsible for all capital investments, making sure they are the correct decisions to keep the business growth, and they are executed on time and on budget. Actively participates and drives a continuous improvement program to improve the competiveness of the business and its products, while improving, safety, quality, output, and cost to World Class Manufacturing standards.
- Coordinates a team of people, direct and indirectly reporting to him or her, making sure they have clear and aligned objectives, priorities and values that unite them into one single effort, permitting a good level of collaboration.
- Together with HR, provides supports to the extended team, making sure proper training is provided to everyone to guarantee individual and team performance at every level, enhancing everyone´s professional growth.
- Together with HR and VP of Operations, is responsible for hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation decisions in adherence to company policy.
- Works with Research & Development and Marketing to create and launch new products successfully.
- Understands and promotes the philosophies and policies of CedarLane Food Products, Inc. Supports the
- Circle of Excellence and the CedarLane Philosophy of Team CedarLane.
- Plans, develops, and shares information regarding his site; KPI reporting, budgets, project control, etc.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience. Engineering or Food science is highly desirable.
Excellent Leadership and Team Building Skills
- Excellent Leadership and Team Building Skills
- 15+ years managing positions in manufacturing plant environment
- 5+ Years in Manufacturing in a World Class Environment / AAA Business
- 10+ years in food manufacturing
- 15+ years of experience in management and leadership of groups of fifty or more people. Requires operational knowledge of computer software (EXCEL, WORD, ACCESS, AS400, E-mail, Internet ∙ applications, etc.) or ability to learn these skills.
- Requires excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Requires analytical problem-solving skills, time management skills, and servant leadership skills. ∙ Exposure to and experience with GMP’s, IFS Standards, HAACP programs, USDA guidelines, OSHA
- Standards, and Food Safety and Plant Safety Programs
- Possess operational knowledge of a plant processes and equipment
- Demonstrated history of continuous improvement and cost control
- Bilingual English/Spanish
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.